This institution was started in January 1897 by Mr. Pribhdàs Shewkrarn Advani in a rented building and was recognized as a High School in 1900. The Hyderabad Municipality subsequently granted the site measuring 15,935 sq. yards near the Collector's Katchehry at a nominal rent of one anna per year for 999 years lease.
On the above site, a very large and impressing building was constructed but owing to faulty workmanship a large part of it, shortly collapsed in the year 1916. The government had made a large contribution towards the building. It is on record that in March 1916, 500 pupils were enrolled in this school whom 461 were Hindus, 28 were Muslims and the remaining were of other religions. A small boarding-house was also attached.